A survey, conducted in conjunction with Roper GfK, confirms content management officers (CMOs) in major industry sectors, including healthcare, technology, finance, retail, communications and insurance, are embracing custom content more than ever.
Here are a few highlights from the survey:
- More than 8 in 10 (83%) say they are receptive toward using custom content in their marketing plans, representing a 16 point increase since the last study.
- Almost 9 in 10 CMOs say they see value in the service provided by custom content, representing a 15 point increase from 2006.
- More than 9 in 10 CMOs believe that custom content has a positive effect on audience attitudes, strengthening the bond with consumers.
- 9 in 10 say that they believe a majority of consumers find useful information in custom media and 85% believe that consumers who receive custom content will be more likely to buy from the sponsoring company again.
- A majority of CMOs believe that custom media will capture a larger proportion of marketing budgets over the next couple of years. Fifty-nine percent report having shifted marketing funds away from traditional advertising in the last year toward custom content, representing an 18 point increase from 2006.
- Close to half (47%) strongly agree, and 91% strongly/somewhat agree that custom content should be an integral part of the marketing mix for any business. 84% strongly/somewhat agree that custom content represents the future of marketing.
For more information on the Custom Content Council, please visit www.customcontentcouncil.com.
Don’t forget to sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter at http://www.smartbrief.com/customco