Madison Avenue may be raving about the potential of social networks but don’t tell Gen Yers. They don’t care. According to a new report from The Participatory Marketing Network, Gen Y consumers would abandon social networks in favor of texting and email.
Other interesting findings include:
• Gen Y consumers spend about 33 hours per month with social networks
• Gen Yers spend 31 hours with email
• Gen Yers send more than 740 text messages
• Talking on the phone, watching television and reading magazines all take a backseat to texting, emailing or social networking
• Mobile marketing efforts are also low on Gen Y preference lists
Read the full story at Biz Report.